2014 was a pretty miserable year for me. I lost my mother due to illness. I spent a large part of the year not working, and I was quite unfit, as I wasn’t running due to a recurring Achilles injury. I well aware that there are far too many people who are lot worse off, and that I am actually very privileged, but I can’t help but look back at last year with a lot of regret.
2015 will be a much better year. I am planning to marry my beautiful girlfriend, Mei, in September. I’ve just started a new role that I’m very excited about, and I’m now starting to run seriously again, after a lot of physiotherapy and exercise to rehabilitate my ankle.
These are my goals for the year ahead:
- To start running again!! Specifically, I want to:
- Run 80 miles per month by June. I’m currently running around 25-30 miles per month, a very low mileage.
- Run every Parkrun in NI by the end of the year, There are currently 19 Parkruns setup in Northern Ireland; I’ll be amazed if there isn’t 20+ by the end of the year.
- Get physically fit again!! Starting to run again is one thing, but I also want to improve my overall fitness. This will mean:
- Achieve a score of 250+ in the Five Minute Fitness Challenge (blog post to come)
- To weigh 70Kg at under 15% body fat by December 2015
- Marry my girlfriend Mei. The most important thing for the year ahead will be my marriage to Mei in September.